Information I need to enroll in Obamacare
If you are going on-line or preparing to meet your insurance agent to enroll in Obamacare you should have the following information ready:
To get premium assistance you must provide proof of:
- income, citizenship, and residency.
All applicants should be ready to provide:
• Number of people being enrolled (whole or partial family) including birth date of each person;
• Social security number for each family member;
• Home ZIP code;
• Most recent tax fillings, including dependent tax information and head of household status (tax not immigration status);
• Legal immigration information, such as your immigration number;
• Information about your status as a member of a federally recognized tribe.
Families that include immigrants can apply. You can apply for your child even if you aren’t eligible for coverage.
If you do not want or do not think you qualify for help paying for your health coverage, all you need to provide is the Social Security numbers.